SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (May 15, 2017) – In recognition of its newest BJ’s Gas® station, BJ’s Wholesale Club today announced a donation of a year’s supply of gas and tires to Meals on Wheels Summerville, a community-based senior nutrition program dedicated to addressing hunger and isolation. The donation will help Meals on Wheels Summerville deliver over 800 hot, nutritious meals per week to 180 homebound people in the community.
“BJ’s is committed to helping families meet basic needs, such as access to quality food and wellness, which is why we’re proud to support Meals on Wheels Summerville,” said Dawn Albright, general manager of BJ’s Wholesale Club in Summerville. “Together, we can bring a fresh approach to nourishing our communities and improving the quality of life for our homebound neighbors.”
BJ’s Wholesale Club celebrated the grand opening of its newest BJ’s Gas® location on Saturday, May 13th, by offering Members a special discounted price of $0.99 per gallon of regular fuel. BJ’s Summerville Founding Members also received an additional 10 cents off per gallon. In addition to the new Summerville location, BJ’s operates a total of 131 gas stations through its footprint in the eastern United States and Ohio.
“Proper nutrition is essential to disease prevention and overall good health, but not everyone has access to fresh, quality food,” said Betsy Luke, executive director of Meals on Wheels Summerville. “Our volunteers at Meals on Wheels Summerville seek to bridge this gap by using their own vehicles to deliver hot, nutritious meals to the homes of over 180 people. That’s why BJ’s donation of gas and tires is essential to continuing our mission and meet the growing needs of our community.”
The BJ’s Wholesale Club is slated for opening in June 2017 and will provide affordable fresh food options to the community that are up to 25 percent lower than grocery store prices. Additionally, through its Feeding Communities® program, the Club will donate unsold produce, meat, poultry, seafood, dairy and bakery products daily to reduce food waste and provide wholesome, fresh food to neighbors in need.
The BJ's Wholesale Club will be located at the intersection of Interstate 26 and North Main Street, Summerville's primary retail corridor. The Club will be the first in South Carolina, expanding BJ’s footprint to 16 states and marking club #215 for the company. The Club will also feature a BJ's Gas® station and BJ’s Tire Center®, saving Members even more.
- BJ's offers excellent value.
- BJ's beats supermarket prices on national brands every day, saving families up to 25 percent off grocery store prices every day.
- The company is the only major wholesale club that accepts all manufacturers' coupons, offering families another great way to save.
- Its exclusive brands, Berkley Jensen and Wellsley Farms, let families save without sacrificing quality or fun.
- BJ's biggest advantage is fresh food – produce, dairy, meat and deli.
- BJ’s offers a delicious variety of produce, meats, deli and bakery items includes everything you need for weekly shopping.
- BJ's is the only major wholesale club to offer a full-service deli with premium meats and cheeses.
- Members can have fresh meats cut to their specifications. BJ's butchers will recut and repackage at no additional charge.
- A BJ's Membership is filled with added convenience.
- BJ’s accepts all forms of payment, including EBT.
- Members can research, shop and install electronics with help from BJ’s Tech AdvisorsTM.
- BJ’s Pick Up & Pay® program allows shoppers to stock up by reserving items online and then picking up in-club.
- Members can save time and money by filling up their tanks at BJ’s Gas®. BJ's gas prices are among the lowest around.
Based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer surveys on household spending, the Summerville BJ's Wholesale Club could save area shoppers more than $40 million a year.
Shoppers can learn more about BJ's Wholesale Club by going to www.bjs.com.