The Citadel School of Science and Mathematics is hosting the 11th Annual Citadel Academy of Science and Mathematics Awards Banquet at 5:30 p.m. on March 22, 2018, at the Charleston Marriott on 107 Lockwood Dr. The banquet honors the academic accomplishments of exceptional cadets and students, outstanding faculty, and distinguished alumni.
Student research for 48 projects conducted through The Citadel Undergraduate Research Experience will be on display during a reception before the induction celebration.
The cadets and students honored at the banquet will include:
• Cadet James L. Andrus, Jr. ’18 – School of Science and Mathematics Outstanding Undergraduate Student
• Cadet G. Dillon Graham ’18 – School of Science and Mathematics Outstanding Undergraduate Student
• J. Judson Riser – Outstanding Graduate Student (current Citadel Graduate College student; Corps of Cadets Class of ’12)
Citadel alumni honored at the banquet will include:
• Brothers David Swain, ’80, and Christopher Swain, M.D., ’81, for their lifelong commitment to improving women’s healthcare, and for providing the vision, leadership, and resources to initiate the Swain Department of Nursing at The Citadel
• Michael Johns, Ph.D., ’72, for his scientific and management contributions to the remediation of chemically contaminated environments and for the development of national guidance for remediation of hazardous sites
• Maj. Gen. James Duckett, ’32, former president of The Citadel, will be recognized posthumously with an emeritus award for his principled leadership and dedicated teaching
Citadel faculty to be honored include:
• Isaac Metts, Ph.D., ’65, for 43 years of devoted service as a mathematics professor, administrator, and mentor to students, faculty and staff at The Citadel
• Katherine Zanin, Ph.D., for her leadership in establishing and maintaining the exceptionally high acceptance rate of Citadel students into medical school
Tickets to the banquet are $100 and can be purchased by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (843) 953-5300. To inquire about sponsoring a cadet or a table, please click here. The goal of The Citadel Academy of Science and Mathematics is to foster an enhanced awareness of the science and mathematics mission of The Citadel and pride in the work undertaken by cadets, students and faculty.