Three quarters of Lowcountry Local First’s surveyed business members reported being impacted by flooding and severe weather events in 2018, including a loss of revenue for 44 percent of companies. Lowcountry Local First invites the local business community to its second quarterly Good Business Workshop of 2019, “Storms & Flooding: Is Your Business Prepared?” This interactive workshop will focus on helping business owners and managers best prepare for the upcoming hurricane season and potential flood events throughout the year. Often times, the decisions that need to be made surrounding these events are last-minute, rushed and stressful.
Date: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 5:30 – 7 p.m.
Location: Local Works, 1630-2 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC
Lowcountry Local First members receive free access to this event. Non-member tickets are available for $15. Learn more and register online at LowcountryLocalFirst.org/events.
This interactive workshop will feature a hurricane tabletop exercise that will allow businesses to get ahead of the storm and learn from experts in various areas of concern. Attendees will receive a business preparedness toolkit to help you continue these important conversations after the event.
Topics covered will include:
- Key aspects of a Business Continuity Plan
- Decision-making on disaster declaration, evacuation, and re-entry by governmental entities
- Employee policies and other HR considerations
- Physical property/assets protection
- Financial/operational considerations
- Communicating with your important external audiences
- Scott Cave – Atlantic Business Continuity Services – a business continuity expert who lives and breathes planning for disaster
- Heather Pierce – Green Door Co. – the right way (and the wrong way) to handle employees in a crisis
- Cheryl Smithem, Charleston PR & Design – a crisis communications guru to lead you through communicating with external audiences
- Sarah Williams-Scalise – Blueprint Insurance Group, Inc. – advice on the critical insurance needs to protect your business
Hosted by: Lowcountry Local First; Sponsored by: South State Bank, Local Works, Blueprint Insurance Group