The ARK –Alzheimer’s Family Support Services and the Summerville Family YMCA are partnering to host the Senior Health and Wellness Expo on October 10, 2019 at The Ponds Summerville Family YMCA, 101 Pottery Circle in Summerville.
There will be live bluegrass music and several free health screenings to include:
• Memory provided by The ARK – Alzheimer’s Family Support Services (Alzheimer’s Foundation of America Memory Screening Program)
• Vision provided by Walmart
• Hearing provided by Optimal Hearing
• Fall Risk provided by FOX Rehabilitation
• Blood Pressure provided by Summerville Family YMCA, and
• Diabetes provided by Roper Hospital
In addition to health screenings there will be free fitness demos, to include: Zumba, Yoga, Tai Chi, Silver Sneakers, and Enhance Fitness. Plus free nutrition education seminars include: blood pressure and diabetes prevention.
Anyone may sign up for a screening by contacting The ARK at email@example.com or 843-471-1360.
ABOUT THE ARK, ALZHEIMER’S FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES
The ARK is a local nonsectarian nonprofit outreach program providing comprehensive support services to families dealing with Alzheimer’s or related dementia. For more information, call 843-471-1360, or visit thearkofsc.org.