Bumpa’s, a new bar housed in a beautifully restored 19th Century warehouse, has opened its doors at 5 Cumberland Street. Located in the historic French Quarter, Bumpa’s features specialty French fries, proprietary-blend burgers and other elevated bar food. It is the first bar concept by brothers Dan Sullivan and Conor Sullivan, who are paying loving tribute to their grandfather, “Bumpa.” The website is also now live at www.bumpas-chs.com, outlining the full menu and cocktail list.
“We’re eager to open our doors to the community after the true labor of love we spent restoring this historic space,” said Dan Sullivan. As a result of their efforts, guests can expect a warm, inviting atmosphere to enjoy curated cocktails and craft beer. “And our menu is inspired by the playful spirit of our family, especially our grandfather, who was a great storyteller and a not-bad boxer,” Conor Sullivan added.
At the kitchen’s helm will be Executive Chef Joe Palmitessa, who has held positions at the Forbes Four-star Hotel Bennett and Kiawah’s Ocean Room. Bumpa’s bar menu will be made memorably mouth watering by signature, hand-cut French fry combinations unique to their concept. Also on the menu:
• The Southpaw Burger – a specially blended, pan-seared beef with pickled red onions, lettuce, tomato, and cheese.
• The Mayor – fried chicken breast topped with salted tomato, bead & butter pickles, and Duke’s mayo.
• Pop’s Foot Long – grilled hotdog, charred to perfection, that’s topped off however guests like it.
• Sausage and Peppers – smoky kielbasa, spicy Cajun, or country sausage with sautéed peppers and onions smothered with beer cheese.
• For the full menu, click here: https://www.bumpas-chs.com/menu
Bumpa’s aims to be a regular stop for folks working F&B and hospitality, and will offer special deals for members of that community.
Bumpa’s will be open seven days a week : Sunday through Wednesday from 4 p.m. to 12 a.m. and Thursday through Saturday from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. Tune into Instagram @bumpas_chs to stay up-to-date on hours and menu specials.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.