CATIC is proud to be Great Place to Work® Certified™ for the first time. The prestigious award is based entirely on what current employees say about their experience working at CATIC. This year, 95% of employees said it’s a great place to work – 38 points higher than the average U.S. company (Working at CATIC | Great Place to Work®).
Great Place to Work® is the global authority on workplace culture, employee experience, and the leadership behaviors proven to deliver market-leading revenue, employee retention and increased innovation. “Great Place to Work Certification™ isn’t something that comes easily – it takes ongoing dedication to the employee experience,” said Sarah Lewis-Kulin, Vice President of Global Recognition at Great Place to Work. “It’s the only official recognition determined by employees’ real-time reports of their company culture. Earning this designation means that CATIC is one of the best companies to work for in the country.”
At CATIC, our employees work every day to thoughtfully create a workplace culture that consistently promotes a sense of community and belonging by demonstrating our core values in every interaction, with both internal and external constituents. Additionally, the senior leadership team has consistently endorsed implementing employee programs designed to reinforce our corporate values. According to Damon Carter, Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, “We truly value the voice of our employees and always encourage them to share their own ideas for continuously improving the workplace culture at CATIC. Consequently, many of our current employee programs have been inspired by direct feedback obtained from our employees, which has enhanced the overall employee experience here at CATIC.” Several examples include the following:
• During each Town Hall Meeting, Jim Czapiga, President & CEO, personally issues "Apple Pancakes Awards" to employees who have been acknowledged by either customers or other CATIC employees for demonstrating exemplary customer service that has positively impacted others;
• CATIC provides a stipend to cover the cost of introductory golf lessons for all employees and invites those interested to participate in company-sponsored golf outings supporting local community organizations;
• CATIC implemented a new Parental Leave Policy earlier this year that provides 12 weeks of paid leave time to help support growing families;
• The company administers a PTO Donation Policy, which empowers employees to donate unused paid-time off to fellow coworkers who may need to use additional paid-time off due to a family medical emergency or major disaster;
• Employees are regularly encouraged to identify various opportunities for CATIC to support their local community organizations and charitable events;
• CATIC launched an employee-led social justice committee called “The Initiative” to begin actively addressing racial inequality in homeownership; and
• The company recently implemented a new workplace model, which has significantly improved workplace flexibility across the organization.
CATIC, along with its sister company CATIC Title Insurance Company, is currently licensed in every state east of the Mississippi and in Texas and is currently doing business through an independent agent network in 15 states. The Company is an underwriting member of the American Land Title Association (ALTA) and the North American Bar-Related® Title Insurers. For more information about the Company, or to become a CATIC agent, please visit us at www.CATIC.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Great Place to Work® Certification™ is the most definitive “employer-of-choice” recognition that companies aspire to achieve. It is the only recognition based entirely on what employees report about their workplace experience – specifically, how consistently they experience a high-trust workplace. Great Place to Work Certification is recognized worldwide by employees and employers alike and is the global benchmark for identifying and recognizing outstanding employee experience. Every year, more than 10,000 companies across 60 countries apply to get Great Place to Work-Certified.
Great Place to Work® is the global authority on workplace culture. Since 1992, they have surveyed more than 100 million employees worldwide and used those deep insights to define what makes a great workplace: trust. Their employee survey platform empowers leaders with the feedback, real-time reporting and insights they need to make data-driven people decisions. Everything they do is driven by the mission to build a better world by helping every organization become a great place to work For All™. Learn more at greatplacetowork.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.