RIDGEVILLE, S.C. – Capping one full year of legal growth and production of industrial hemp in South Carolina, one grower has emerged as the Southeast region’s leading producer and marketer of full spectrum hemp products. Charleston Hemp Company is aligned with researchers at the Medical University of South Carolina and third-party analysts who ensure all products meet stringent purity, potency and efficacy standards.
In just 12 months, Charleston Hemp Company has logged many dramatic achievements:
• Cultivated 17.89 acres plus a significant greenhouse grow of organic industrial hemp.
• Processed 80,000 pounds of industrial hemp grown primarily in South Carolina and neighboring states, producing more than 400 kilos of CBD or cannabinoid crude oil.
• Created 16 new jobs, with numerous additional positions planned.
• Provided wellness education to attendees at nearly 100 festivals and events.
• Launched a growing line of new, high quality, full spectrum CBD products, including tinctures, salves, vape oils and lip balms.
• Invested in or created processing equipment that ensures the highest level of purity and efficacy of both the CBD crude and resulting products. (The company is the only one in the Southeast to use X-ray technology to stabilize and purify crude hemp oil.)
• Expanded to a new, 283-acre processing facility in Ridgeville, SC.
• Partnered on the first hemp-infused cocktails and beers to be produced and marketed locally in the foodie-friendly Charleston area.
CEO David Bulick notes: “We’ve only begun to scratch the surface of hemp’s power to make thousands of products even better. The marketplace’s enthusiasm for hemp in wellness, construction and so many other industries is truly extraordinary.” He cites industry estimates that industrial hemp’s economic impact could exceed $500 billion this year.
As productive as 2018 was, 2019 promises even more for the company based near Charleston, SC:
• Charleston Hemp Company has received a second permit to grow 40 acres.
• Partnerships have been forged with numerous third parties to process hemp-infused products in the health, wellness, beauty, pet and beverage industries.
• Capital investments will allow the company to process millions of SKUs in 2019, leading the way to a robust new white-label program.
• The company will host the first Hemp Fest in the Lowcountry region in April, expanding education and awareness. Offer tours of the facility to the public
• Educational programming for agriculture apprenticeships, chemistry lab internships, and more will be introduced by summer.
“We’re bullish on hemp,” said Bulick, who plans to continue working region wide as an ambassador for the versatile plant with thousands of proven uses.
ABOUT CHARLESTON HEMP COMPANY
Charleston Hemp Company is the first fully local, vertically integrated CBD (cannabidiol) product producer and marketer in the Charleston Lowcountry. The region’s top seed-to-shelf CBD producer is on a mission to create the highest-quality CBD line in the Carolinas for humans and pets. The Ridgeville-based processing facility and farm is where the company produces its quality, full spectrum CBD products, including tinctures, salves, vape oils and lip balms. To learn more and shop online, please visit Charlestonhempcompany.org.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.