Charleston, S.C. – Jan. 8, 2016 – Every year at this time, after the holidays deplete the local food banks shelves; non-profits will get much-needed help to restock with the Hendrick Automotive Group Charleston & North Charleston’s 2017 First Food Fill-up campaign now through Jan. 16.
The local 12 local Hendrick automotive dealerships will make donations to The Lowcountry Food Bank and East Cooper Community Outreach during the month long campaign.
Hendrick employees are also getting busy with donations of nonperishable food, winter coats and other needed supplies. Local folks can help too by dropping off canned goods and other items at any area Hendrick dealership by Jan. 31.
Donors may check on which items and supplies are needed most by clicking www.HendrickCharleston.com or on www.facebook.com/HendrickCharleston.
In addition, Hendrick dealerships will donate $1 for each “Like” received at www.facebook.com/HendrickCharleston, up to $10,000.
“This is our sixth year of the year food drive and we continue to see an enormous amount of support from the community and our employees,” said Don Smith, Director of Community Relations for Hendrick Automotive Group Charleston/North Charleston. “We can’t think of a better way to begin the New Year than by helping jump-start community giving.”
About TLFB and ECCO
The Lowcountry Food Bank (www.lowcountryfoodbank.org, TLFB) serves the 10 coastal counties of South Carolina and distributes more than 19 million pounds of food a year. The organization is a clearinghouse for donated food products that are distributed to a network of more than 325 member agencies including soup kitchens, homeless shelters and emergency food pantries.
East Cooper Community Outreach (www.eccocharleston.org, ECCO) provides safety net services for low-income families and those in need while empowering them to create a better future for themselves. ECCO provides emergency assistance, food, clothing, essential medical services and much more to address poverty in our region.
About Hendrick Automotive Group in Charleston & North Charleston
Hendrick Automotive Group, one of the nation’s leading automotive dealership groups, manages 12 dealerships in the Charleston and North Charleston markets.
Through “Hendrick Charleston,” the dealerships host charitable programs that engage citizens to give back to their community. Throughout each year, multiple initiatives raise money and supplies to benefit the Lowcountry region of South Carolina.
For more information, please visit www.HendrickCharleston.com or www.Facebook.com/HendrickCharleston.
Participating auto dealerships include:
• Rick Hendrick Chevrolet – Charleston, Savannah Hwy.
• Rick Hendrick Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM – Charleston, Savannah Highway
• Hendrick Honda of Charleston – Charleston, Savannah Highway
• Hendrick Hyundai – Charleston, Savannah Highway
• Hendrick Hyundai North – North Charleston, Rivers Avenue
• Rick Hendrick BMW Charleston – Savannah Highway
• MINI of Charleston – Savannah Highway
• Volvo of Charleston – Savannah Highway
• Rick Hendrick Jeep Chrysler Dodge RAM - North Charleston, Rivers Avenue
• Rick Hendrick FIAT of North Charleston – Rivers Avenue
• Hendrick Lexus of Charleston – Charleston, Savannah Highway
• Hendrick Toyota Scion North Charleston –Rivers Avenue
# # #