Muhler's new Storm Trim™ offers home storm protection in a snap
Charleston, SC: The recent powerful hurricanes like Irma and Harvey have raised awareness of the need to protect homes quickly. Local company Muhler has created an innovative, patented, new product called Storm Trim™ that can be rapidly deployed and can protect any brand of windows or doors from a storm.
According to Henry Hay, president of Muhler, "The first thing in safe guarding your home from the storm is to protect your openings. The two main ways to do so are to either use impact rated glass or a protective cover for your openings. Since impact rated glass can literally double the cost of storm protection, 90 to 95 percent of the market does not choose impact glass due to the expense. So, that leaves covering the openings and there have traditionally been problems with older systems. We have solved those problems with Storm Trim™.
"Storm Trim™ is a brand new product developed by Muhler. Testing has recently been completed and the storm protection attachment system, which has no metal involved, can be put around any window or door with few restrictions. On the head and sill of a window, you just remove the decorative cover, exposing the track and install your hurricane protection covers. That's an easy solution."
Storm Trim™ makes it easier and faster to prepare for a storm by solving these problems:
• Problem- metal shutters, panels and associated hardware, corrode. Storm Trim™ has no metal so does not corrode.
• Problem- dirt and sand can get in attachment points. Storm Trim™ doesn't have this issue.
• Problem- unsightly permanent fasteners for mounting protection. Storm Trim™ has an easily removed decorative cover so it blends in with windows and doors.
• Problem- the high expense of impact windows. Storm Trim™ is very affordable.
• Problem- storm protection products that are specific to certain windows and doors. Storm Trim™ can fit any window and door with few exceptions.
For more information, go to www.muhler.com/StormTrim
Muhler, based in Charleston, SC, and supplying the lowcountry, is a leading provider of windows, doors, shutters, skylights, awnings, and sunrooms. Muhler provides these for single family or multifamily residential new construction projects as well as replacement and renovation projects.