This May, SONIC® Drive-In recognized incredible teachers and the contributions they make to education as a part of its Limeades for Learning initiative in partnership with nonprofit partner, DonorsChoose.org. With the goal of helping teachers obtain much-needed classroom supplies and learning resources, SONIC launched a donation match in honor of Teacher Appreciation Month. In total, SONIC donated $1.2 million matching donations made to SONIC Teacher projects in May.
The following teachers in your area received the following rewards:
In Charleston, South Carolina, SONIC rewarded five entrepreneurial teacher lead projects at two schools $1,321, including
- Jennie Church at Ashley River Creative Arts School for the project "Magical Moments Start With Music"
- Jennie Church at Ashley River Creative Arts School for the project "Wireless Workers"
- Kathleen Clair at Ashley River Creative Arts School for the project "A Fraction of Our Math"
- Kathleen Clair at Ashley River Creative Arts School for the project "Bubble, Clack, Squish--Oh, My!"
- Christie Fowler at West Ashley Advanced Studies Magnet for the project "Headphones Make Us Happy!"
In N Charleston, South Carolina, SONIC rewarded two entrepreneurial teacher lead projects at two schools $570, including
- Stacy Tallman at Eagle Nest Elementary School for the project "Learning Through Discovery"
- Stacy Tallman at Eagle Nest Elementary School for the project "Safe Storage for Our Books"
"SONIC fans who love teachers responded incredibly during Teacher Appreciation Month and we were delighted to support 3,937 teachers and their students across the country," said Christi Woodworth, vice president of public relations for SONIC. "Each year, teachers spend hundreds of their own dollars to support their students, and with Limeades for Learning, SONIC and our fans made that burden a bit lighter. We celebrate and thank teachers for the incredible work they do to bring learning to life in creative and fun ways for their students."
SONIC provides essential funds needed for learning materials and innovative techniques for teachers to inspire creativity and learning through Limeades for Learning, the brand's national award-winning cause marketing campaign. Since 2009, SONIC has donated $13.1 million, supported 33,177 classrooms, and provided necessary learning materials and teaching resources requested by teachers to impact 995,310 students in partnership with DonorChoose.org.
While Teacher Appreciation Month is celebrated in May, SONIC supports teachers year-round. Visit LimeadesforLearning.com for updates on contributions, future donation matches, how to get involve and explore public school teacher projects in your community in need of support. Teachers can become SONIC Teachers and submit projects through nonprofit partner DonorsChoose.org for a chance to receive funding.
Sonic, founded in 1953, is the largest drive-in restaurant brand in the United States with more than 3,600 restaurants. Sonic is part of the Inspire Brands family of restaurants. For more information, visit SonicDriveIn.com and InspireBrands.com