For Immediate Release
September 18, 2018
Louie’s Kids Begins Family Training Program for Reindeer Run
Nonprofit offers twice-weekly training sessions to prepare for annual 5k
CHARLESTON, S.C. – Louie’s Kids kicks off its next family-centric fitness training program in preparation for the Charleston Reindeer Run. Training will begin Monday, Oct. 8 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. and continue Mondays and Wednesdays until the Dec. 8 race.
Low income families, young adults not involved in team sports and families eager to train for their first race together all have a place in the Louie’s Kids Family Race Club. The national nonprofit’s mission is to prevent and treat childhood obesity by promoting a healthier, more productive lifestyle through group workouts, counseling and nutrition education.
Louie’s Kids Family Race Club helps families and individuals attain better health with a Blueprint for Change, a three-tiered approach led by a team of professionals:
1. Louie’s Kids personal trainers lead twice-weekly group workouts in an 8-week training program for the race. Each trainer brings their own personality and experience to the workouts.
2. Onsite and online parent coaching and counseling with a Louie’s Kids licensed professional counselor builds group support and teaches personalized behavior change strategies necessary for long term success.
3. Nutrition education is delivered in quick memorable messages at each workout, guiding families through making gradual changes to their eating and lifestyle habits.
Louis Yuhasz, Founder/CEO of Louie’s Kids, emphasized the importance of parents modeling positive behavior for their children: “We can’t expect Junior to go outside and play if he never sees his mom or dad outside, pulling weeds, taking a walk or a bike ride,” said Yuhasz. “Leading by example is what so many of our successful participants will tell you turned the tide in their families.”
Reindeer Run Family Race Club Training Program details are as follows:
● Starting Monday, Oct. 8 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. and every Monday and Wednesday until Dec. 8 race day.
● Location: Mount Pleasant Waterfront Park – in the large field near the playground.
● Cost: $50 for a family of four, $10 each additional family member – family is defined as at least one adult with child/children. $20 per individuals aged 18 years and older.
● Training culminates with the Reindeer Run 5K on Dec. 8 in downtown Charleston. The Race fee is included in the Race Club registration.
To register for the race and for more information on Louie’s Kids and upcoming programs, visit LouiesKids.org.
About Louie’s Kids
Founded in 2001 in Alexandria, Va., and operated today out of Charleston, SC, Louie's Kids is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that raises funds to empower children to make changes, both physically and mentally, for a healthier and more productive life. The mission of Louie’s Kids is to strengthen the future of the communities they serve by making children healthier and improved citizens, while also providing excellent stewardship to those funders who invest their time and treasure in the children served. Follow Louie’s Kids on Facebook and Twitter.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.