CHARLESTON, S.C. (Oct. 27, 2020) – Parker’s Kitchen -- a nationally acclaimed convenience store company and food service leader that was named the 2020 Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year -- recently donated $5,000 to Charleston County Schools in South Carolina as part of the company’s Fueling the Community program, which donates one cent of every gallon of gas sold on the first Wednesday of each month to local schools.
The check was presented to Charleston County Schools via Zoom video conference on Oct. 26 due to the Coronavirus pandemic. The donation is part of nearly $150,000 Parker’s is donating to schools in Georgia and South Carolina this fall.
“Giving back to the communities we serve is part of our DNA at Parker’s, and we think the best way to do that is through education,” said Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker. “Education is truly the tide that lifts all ships. It empowers communities and fosters the next generation of leaders. We’re delighted to invest in Charleston County’s teachers and students through our Fueling the Community program, especially during these difficult times.”
Launched in 2011 with a mission to give back to every community where Parker’s Kitchen does business, the Parker’s Fueling the Community charitable initiative distributes more than $200,000 annually to public and private schools throughout Georgia and South Carolina. To date, Parker’s Kitchen has donated more than $7 million to area schools through the program.
Deeply engaged with the communities it serves, Parker’s endows the Parker’s Emergency and Trauma Center at Memorial Hospital in Savannah, Ga. In 2019, Parker’s also donated a record $5 million to create the Parker College of Business at Georgia Southern University.
Founded in 1976, Parker’s Kitchen is one of America’s most respected convenience store brands and is known for having the cleanest stores in the industry. Parker’s Kitchen serves award-winning Southern-inspired food, offers an acclaimed Parker’s Rewards program and gives back to every community where it does business through the Fueling the Community charitable giving program.
Parker’s has been included on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing companies for five years and was honored by Food and Wine as one of America’s Best Convenience Stores, by The Shelby Report as the Southeast Retailer of the Year and by Convenience Store News as the Foodservice Leader of the Year. The company employs more than 1,200 individuals throughout the region and completes more than 125,000 transactions daily.
Honored as the 2020 Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year, Parker’s is strategically redefining the nation’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and food service companies. Parker’s Kitchen, the new food-centric brand under the Parker’s umbrella, serves world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders as well as made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The company’s popular Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 150,000 members, has saved Parker’s customers more than $15 million to date. Learn more: www.parkerskitchen.com.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
● 2020 Best Gas Station Brand Top 10 – USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
● 2020 Convenience Store Chain of the Year – CStore Decisions
● 2020 Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award
● Legacy Leader – Georgia Trend
● America’s Best Convenience Stores – Food and Wine
● 2019 Southeast Retailer of the Year – The Shelby Report
● 2019 Fastest Growing Companies in America - Inc. 5000
● 2018 Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year - Convenience Store News
● Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
● 50 Most Influential People in Convenience Store History - Convenience Store News
● Best Convenience Store - Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
● Best Convenience Store - Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Store - Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
● Best Convenience Store - Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
● Regional Economic Impact Award - Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
● Best Convenience Store - Island Packet
● Most Fab Convenience Store - Effingham Herald
● Most Fabulous Gas Station – Effingham Living
● Wayne County's Favorite Convenience Store – Jesup Press-Sentinel
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.