An impressive lineup of musicians, athletes and actors will join southern rock band NEEDTOBREATHE for the annual NEEDTOBREATHE Classic on Monday, March 25 at the Daniel Island Club.
Once again, this celebrity golf tournament has sold out all its golf foursomes. Last year’s tournament and musical event raised more than $200,000 for OneWorld Health. The Charleston-based nonprofit empowers communities around the world to achieve long-term improvements in health and quality of life. The annual golf tournament was started by Commonwealth Cares Foundation, the charitable foundation of Daniel Island financial services firm Commonwealth.
Attendees will spend the day playing golf before enjoying an evening concert featuring NEEDTOBREATHE and other musicians at the Charleston Music Farm. The concert is open to golf participants and sponsors only.
Slated to participate in this year’s NEEDTOBREATHE Classic are:
· Zack Bailey, University of South Carolina lineman
· Rachel Baribeau, sportscaster
· Tajh Boyd, former Clemson University quarterback
· Chandler Catanzaro, NFL kicker
· Phil Crosby, former NFL fullback
· Gavin DeGraw, recording artist
· Andy Grammer, recording artist
· Harold Green, former NFL running back
· Adam Humphries, NFL receiver
· Johnnyswim, recording artists
· Barrett Jones, former NFL guard
· Bobby Jones, former NBA star
· Erin Kinsey, recording artist
· Ed Marinaro, actor/former NFL player
· Jon McLaughlin, recording artist
· John Mark McMillan, recording artist
· Corey Miller, former NFL linebacker
· Kip Moore, recording artist
· Nick Mullens, NFL quarterback
· Bradley Pinion, NFL punter
· Sterling Sharpe, former NFL receiver
· Hunter Renfrow, Clemson University wide receiver
· Ed Roland, band Collective Soul
· Stanton Seckinger, former Clemson University receiver
· Connor Shaw, former University of South Carolina quarterback
· James “Bonecrusher” Smith, former professional boxer
· Adley Stump, actress
· Tyler Thigpen, former NFL quarterback
· Jesse Triplett, band Collective Soul
· Matt Wertz, recording artist
· Tony Womack, former MLB player
· Kevin Youngblood, former NFL receiver
“We’re thrilled to have sold out more than a month in advance,” said Britt Gilbert, founder of Commonwealth Cares Foundation. “It just goes to show how many people are eager to join us not just for an incredible day of golf and music, but to support an organization that is truly saving lives around the world.”
In 2013, NEEDTOBREATHE partnered with Commonwealth Cares Foundation, lending its name to the annual golf tournament and adding a musical concert with the mission of raising funds and increasing awareness for OneWorld Health. NEEDTOBREATHE band members include Bear Rinehart (vocals, guitar), Bo Rinehart (guitar, vocals), Seth Bolt (bass, vocals), and Josh Lovelace (keys, vocals).
“Each year we are blown away by the outpouring of support for this event,” said NEEDTOBREATHE’s Bear Rinehart. “These musicians, athletes and actors take time from their busy schedules to travel to Charleston and support our passion for OneWorld Health. We’re incredibly grateful for their help in raising money for medical clinics desperately needed in some the world’s most vulnerable communities.”
NEEDTOBREATHE, which has roots in South Carolina, is a long-time partner of OneWorld Health. One dollar from every concert ticket sold goes back to the band’s support of OneWorld Health. To date, NEEDTOBREATHE has raised more than $2 million through ticket sales, fan donations and the golf tournament and helped to open two NEEDTOBREATHE Medical Centers in Tola and Jinotega, Nicaragua.
On the heels of the biggest and best-selling tour of their career, NEEDTOBREATHE recently kicked off their Acoustic Live Tour, in support of the band’s first-ever acoustic live album, Acoustic Live Vol. 1.
ABOUT COMMONWEALTH CARES FOUNDATION
Founded in 2007 as a 501(c)(3), Commonwealth Cares Foundation is the charitable arm of Commonwealth, a Daniel Island-based comprehensive financial services firm with a division focused on providing financial planning services to physicians and the medical community. The firm brings a values-based philosophy, offering clients independent advice through a consultative, team-oriented approach. For more information, visit commonwealthcares.org.
SCBIZtv is part of the SC Biz News family, serving 100,000 high-level business execs throughout South Carolina. Click for more from SCBIZtv.